1. Learn to Skate
Optimist Ice Arena, Learn to Skate USA program offers a curriculum to keep skaters enthusiastic about learning from the time they begin lessons until they reach their respective goals. The programs offers Skating, Figure skating, and Hockey Skating (3 & up). Learn to Skate Information Flyer and Registration Form here.
2. Learn to Play Hockey Lessons
The Optimist Mini-Wings Instructional Hockey and Skating skills lessons prepare skaters with the fundamentals needed to lay the foundation they need to progress into the local hockey program.
3. Join Jackson Hockey Association
The Jackson Hockey Association provides recreational and competitive youth hockey in age specific levels through USA Hockey and Michigan Amateur Hockey Association
- 6U Mini-Mite (5 & 6 years old)
- 8U Mite (7 & 8 years old)
- 10U Squirt(9 & 10 years old)
- 12U Pee Wee (11 & 12 years old)
- 14U Bantam (13 & 14 years old)
- 16U Midget (15 - 16 years old)
- 18U Midget (17 - 18 years old)